Don’t be like me and burn your tounge on a Thursday evening. That will put a crimp on all things taste-related for Friday and possibly Saturday. So, take your time, chew slowly, and proceed to the steps of a damn fine weekend.
1. Shoes. Off. You must feel cool tile and dirt under your feet. There is plenty of time in your future for socks.
2. The right attitude. Even though here in South Texas, where its been hotter than boiling sugar for months, keep perspective. Hot balmy days are due to be replaced by cooler temps and the crawl into darkness of the winter months.
Enjoy the light, relish the sun and don’t forget to spread your arms wide in the water and soak up all that is lovely about summer.
3. Your friends. Don’t have any? Make some. Share. Life is too short, even for a hermit, to miss sharing. Besides, friends usually bring over good food and this … is good. 🙂
4. Food. Oh yes. I love summer if for nothing else, then the taste of really good cheese when I am floating under the stars, or a fish taco that is enjoyed while half of it is dripping down my arm while I stand in a dusty parking lot (thats you, @ chela’s tacos!) … or how jam I made 20 minutes ago from farmer’s market produce tastes over greek yogurt. Food is only so lovely as it tastes in summer.
5. A fine beverage. Nothing says summer to me like cooling my forehead with the cold glass of wine in the dark, like the pineapple mojito (that i’ll make tonight) or the icy icy cold coke that makes everything brighter.
Life is short for some of us. Memories are whatever you make. It’s about 5pm on a Friday. I”m off to make some memories, right now.